Philipp Strasser is partner at Vavrovsky Heine Marth Rechtsanwälte and an expert in dispute resolution, corporate law, capital markets and insurance law. He is a member of the firm’s Dispute Resolution team and responsible for the segment Insurance.
With his long-standing experience in resolving conflicts regarding general tort law, especially construction and insurance law, as well as banking and securities law, he particularly counsels clients in post M&A, restructuring, shareholder and liabilities/coverage disputes. In addition, he focuses on counseling as regards (re-)insurance law, corporate law and business liability issues. Philipp Strasser is certified as Corporate Compliance Officer according to Austrian Standard.
He advises national and international insurers, inter alia regarding Financial Lines/Specialty Lines (D&O, E&O, PI, POSI, W&I/TRI, etc), product and public liability, vehicle liability as well as property insurance.
After graduating from the University of Innsbruck in 2003, Philipp Strasser worked in several specialized law firms. In 2014, he became partner at Vavrovsky Heine Marth.
- Insurance Law
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Banking & Insurance Litigation
- Corporate, Manager Liability
- Corporate Compliance
Memberships & Activities
Austrian Bar Association, Austrian Arbitration Association (ArbAut), The Insurance and Reinsurance Arbitration Society (ARIAS)
Publications on liability and insurance law.
- No Risk – No Management? Über die Mitigierbarkeit von rechtlicher Verantwortung, Austrian Management Review Vol. 7 (2017)
- Warranty and Indemnity Insurance in Austria, Legal Briefing, The In-House Lawyer (2017)
- Getting The Deal Through: Dispute Resolution 2017 - Austria
- Getting The Deal Through: Insurance Litigation 2017 - Austria
- Austria: Insurance & Reinsurance (International Comparative Legal Guides, The In-House Lawyer, 2017)
- Die Deckung von Schäden aus Kartellgeldbußen, Zeitschrift für Versicherungsrecht, Haftungs- und Schadensrecht (VersR 2/2017)
- Compliance Officer, Verantwortlicher Beauftragter und D&O-Versicherungsschutz, CompliancePraxis (1/2016)
- Business Judgment Rule, law amendment act 2015 (11/2015)
- Die Directors & Officers Liability Insurance unter Compliance-Gesichtspunkten in: Petsche/Toifl/Göres/Prebil, Compliance Meisterklasse (2014)
- Disclosure of annual accounts 2010 - increased liability of the directors and mangers (08/2011)
Lecturer on corporate and civil law at the „Akademie Business Law“ (ARS/LIMAK)
Lecturer on corporate, liability and insurance law
Coachings for managing directors and board members