- Austrian Bar Exam with distinction, Vienna Bar Association, Austria
- University of Vienna, Austria, Master's degree in Law (Mag.iur.)
- London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE), UK, LL.M. (with merit)
- Mehrparteienschiedsvereinbarung (together with Nikolaus Vavrovsky, Stefan Riegler, Alexander Zollner), in: Nueber (Hrsg.), Handbuch Schiedsgerichtsbarkeit und ADR (2021), LexisNexis ARD ORAC
- Chambers Global Practice Guide: Litigation 2019 (2) - Law and Practice in Austria
- PSL LexisNexis News Analysis: A reflection on the Czech Republic's solar investment arbitration successes (10/2019)
- Chambers Global Practice Guide: International Arbitration 2019 (2) - Law and Practice in Austria
- Intra-EU Disputes under the Energy Charter Treaty: Quo Vadis?, Kluwer Arbitration Blog (08/2019)
- Chambers Global Practice Guide: Litigation 2019 - Law and Practice in Austria
- Arbitrating Climate Change-Related Disputes, Corporate Disputes Jan-Mar 2019, 150 et seq (together with Nikolaus Vavrovsky)
- Chambers Global Practice Guide: International Arbitration 2019 - Law and Practice in Austria
- Brace for Impact? Examining the reach of Achmea vs Slovakia, Kluwer Arbitration Blog (06/2018)
- Fair behandelt trotz ungleicher Fristen im Schiedsverfahren (OGH 7.9.2017, 18 ONc 1/17t), ecolex 1/2018, 40 et seq (together with Nikolaus Vavrovsky)
- Austria: Insurance & Reinsurance, International Comparative Legal Guides, The In-House Lawyer (2017) (together with Philipp Strasser)
- Sleeping Beauty No More – Investor-State Dispute Settlement, Schoenherr Roadmap, 2016 (together with Anne-Karin Grill)
German, English, French
- Regional Representative of the Young International Arbitration Group (YIAG) of the London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA), Regional Representative, Willem C. Vis Moot
- Mentor at the Moot Alumni Association Mentorship Program
- Young Austrian Arbitration Practitioners (YAAP)
- Association Suisse de l’Arbitrage Below 40 (ASAb40)
- Deutsche Initiative junger Schiedsrechtler (DIS40)
- ICC Young Arbitrators Forum
- LSE Alumni
- Moot Alumni Association
- Speaker at the Young Austrian Arbitration Practitioners' 15th Anniversary Conference in Vienna, November 2019
- Lecturer at the Certified Training Course on Domestic and International Commercial Arbitration, Indian Council of Arbitration / Swiss Arbitration Academy, Mumbai, November 2018
- Regular speaker on international dispute resolution, in particular investment arbitration; most recently at Humboldt University Berlin (2015) and the Hungarian Academy of Sciences in Budapest (2016)
Florian Stefan is a partner at Vavrovsky Heine Marth Rechtsanwälte. He represents clients in international arbitration proceedings under the rules of leading arbitral institutions, such as ICC, VIAC, HKIAC, ICSID. In addition, he regularly acts as arbitrator as well as Administrative Secretary.
In his work, Florian focuses on corporate and commercial law, M&A, infrastructure, technology and oil & gas.
Who’s Who Legal ranks him as Future Leader in Arbitration and praises him as "highly competent arbitration practitioner". The directory furtherrmore underlines that Florian "is exceptionally experienced in international disputes", "cool headed and sharp minded". The Legal 500 EMEA 2022 highlights his expertise and strategic skills: "Florian Stefan is a talented and very analytical arbitration lawyer with a great lookout in complex matters. He is sharp, has a vast understanding of the legal and economic context and is able to proficiently identify successful strategies for handling a dispute."
Florian acts as Regional Representative of the Young International Arbitration Group (YIAG) of the London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA) for the Willem C. Vis Moot. He frequently gives lectures and publishes in the field of international arbitration.